Tuesday, July 8, 2014

INGREDIENTS TOWARDS A RIPE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE CREATOR John 13 HUMILITY

What Admiral Barry Black shared during his message is this:  The BIBLE (Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth)  tells us that it is important to have a relationship with God and the ways in which to do so. 

Yesterday I shared with you the part about the Canaanite Woman and her passionate prayer that brought her favor.  Passionate prayer consists of Worship, Humility and Faith. 

Passionate Prayer is the first ingredient towards a ripe relationship with God.   Communication with Him is crucial in the life of a believer. 

The ingredient that I’m looking at today is: HUMILITY.  Jesus – The Master  displays the very character was humility.  First of all, He humbled himself by leaving His heavenly throne, clothing himself in mere human flesh so that he could redeem us back to our rightful place.  Then, in John 13, he humbles himself to his disciples.  The Master becomes the servant and washes their feet and dries them with his garment.  In Jewish culture, this was the ultimate show of humility.  So much so, Peter said ;Lord, I will never allow you to wash my feet’.  Jesus replied – “If you won’t permit me to wash your feet then we have nothing in common.  – you share no companionship with me.    The Master became the servant in order to form closer communion with them.

It reminds me of a video series I used to watch with my children.  Psalty the Singing Songbook.  The particular episode I’m thinking of is the one where Charity Churchmouse makes it to the bigtime with her singing career. Along her journey to fame and fortune, she learns that “If you wanna be great in God’s Kingdom, learn to be a servant of all.”


So. HUMILITY is an essential ingredient in the recipe towards a ripe relationship with GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment